In an effort to offer a diversity of high quality programs, the library often collaborates and co-sponsors programs with Wells-Ogunquit Adult Community Education, the Historical Society of Wells and Ogunquit, and others.
At times the library may collaborate on programs not developed
by the library that are educational and promote the library’s mission. All programs are open to the public and offered free of charge.
Programs for Adults
The Wells Public Library offers programs intended to further the library's mission and to serve as an intellectual and cultural resource for the community. Programs are a means through which the public can share experiences, appreciate special interests, and exchange information. Program presenters are selected from local, regional, and national talent in order to prepare a program schedule that reflects the diversity of the town and the world.
Examples of adult programs offered include book discussions, Lunch and Learn programs, musical programs, author panels and book signings, historical re-enactments, films, lectures and other informational presentations.
- We welcome your ideas for programs at the library. Please contact us at 646-8181 with your suggestions.
- For further information about our adult programs please see our calendar of upcoming events.
- Click here to see our Programming Policy.
- To find out about our Book Discussion group, visit our Book Discussion page, or contact us at 646-8181.
- Our blog, "Reading Wells" will also provide information about new books, programs, and other library activities and services.